Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happiness and The Secret Garden

Look what arrived!


A parcel with my new sign that I bought online. I bought it from The Secret Garden a garden centre in North Cork.  The Secret Garden is my favourite garden centre ever!  They stock garden items, gifts and their plants are beautifully displayed, very healthy and reasonably priced.


There is also the cutest cafe in a log cabin where you can sit after shopping and have a tea or coffee in vintage china cups to go with their scrumptious cakes.

 


Or on a sunny day, you can have your afternoon tea in the pretty garden and watch the hens and ducks potter about the place.

You can check out their website here.  If you haven't been you should really plan a trip, if you're anything like me you will love it.  They also have an online shop with lots of goodies.  I ordered my new sign from them and it arrived today in recycled packaging in perfect condition.  I love getting parcels in the post, especially when they contain things like this . . .

I love my new sign


It's a gentle reminder for me to live more in the moment and be happy with the little things in life that make me smile on a daily basis.  To be content with what I have and who I am today - now.   Yes, it would be lovely to have the house and garden finished, yes it would be lovely if I could be slimmer, fitter and healthier, but planning and dreaming about things I want shouldn't make me any less happy about where I am today.  So, my new sign is going in my office where, when I get carried away on Pinterest, I can look up at it and remember to be happy with what I have!

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Sharon, this is so true and what a lovely garden and lunch spot. I want to go!

xx
leslie

French Grey said...

Perfect! I couldn't agree more! And what a wonderful Garden Center! I would need to bring home one of the workers to help with all the ideas I came home with!
Have a wonderful day Sharon!

Cindy

Dee Sewell said...

Lovely blogpost Sharon, am smiling at your joy as I'm expecting a parcel from them tomorrow :)) Think we could probably all do with one of those signs in our house to as reminders.

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Leslie, maybe one day you'll visit me and we can go together.

Cindy, thanks for sharing this post on your Facebook page:)

Dee, love to know what your getting! I know, I'm like a child when something comes for me in the post! - even when I've ordered it!! :0

Sharon

All Things Chic 2 said...

Hi , I see your new to blogging , so am I ...I'm your newest follower...I invite you to visit my blog...Blessings Lori

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hi Lori, thank you for stopping by and following, I'm on way over to your blog to say hi!

Sharon

Dee Sewell said...

Hubs built a propagating bench for the polytunnel last year so I can start all my seedlings off with heat ~ cable, thermostat and seeds thanks to The Secret Garden, yeahhh :))

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

what a lovely hubs! and what lovely goodies you got! wow, that's a great set up you have now for your seeds!! :)

Sharon

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICS:) and the words are so true...Your blog is cute and I will now happily follow.
I wish you a lovely week

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hi Maria, you are welcome here anytinme - lovely comment - I'll be over to you to say hi very soon!

Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...